So, what's the proposition? If you agree that we live in a highly interconnected and interdependent world, it follows that to increase our own prosperity and security we must ensure minimum and sustainable standards of prosperity and security for others, not just in our immediate community or country but also in the entire global community of which we are a part. Achieving this is no easy task, but it is leaders who have the most potential to change things.
It is rapidly becoming apparent that individual security and prosperity and global security and prosperity are more and more one and the same thing. When our perspective changes from 'me' to 'us' and then to 'all of us', we start taking responsibility for making decisions from a global perspective.
Ultimately an interest in the whole planet is synonymous with self-interest and it is this insight that many leaders are starting to have. Such leaders accept the proposition that our long-term prosperity is much more likely to be assured from this 'all of us' perspective and from strategies that flow from it.
How does eco-coaching help? The purpose of eco-coaching is to stimulate the transformational learning that occurs when existing frameworks, ways of thinking and assumptions are held up to the light, examined, thought about and re-examined in the context of this proposition.
What would I, as a leader, get out of 'eco-coaching'?
- You are interested in acquiring a global perspective. That alone may be enough
- You are interested in the long-term prosperity of your organisation
- You accept the interconnectivity argument at the levels of financial, climate, political and security and want to explore this further
- You accept that for you to flourish, so too must others
- You are interested in how to make decisions in your own interest and that of the system. Evidence shows that better decisions CAN be made where 'better' means that all stakeholders in the wider system benefit and none are severely disadvantaged
Finally, if leaders continue to move this way it can eventually mean 'all of us' achieve a level of sustainable happiness, prosperity and security sufficient to eliminate the worst inequalities in the World with their inescapable negative impact. This is the vision of my eco-coaching.
If you'd like to do explore this further, please contact me.